Imam Ali Ibn Moosa Ar Reza (a.s.) said:
"It is highly rewarding to be in Najaf Ashraf today for performing the Ziyarat of Imam Ali ibn Abi Talib (A.S.).
Give today as much as you can, in the name of Allah, to the less fortunate, because, the "day of Ghadeer" is particularly specified for helping deserving people."
(1) Have a Ghusl /bath, put on new or clean clothes and apply perfume.
(2) Observe fast.
(3) Recite special Ziyarats of Imam Ali ibne Abi Talib (i) Ziyarat Ameenallah & (ii) Ziyarat Mut"laqah
(4) Recite Dua"a Nudbah
(5) We can give expression to our joy and happiness in whatever manner available or suitable to us keeping in view the life style the tenets of Islam.It is highly desirable to make the faithfuls (Moomineen) happy to do favours to relatives, to give gifts, and invite friends and relatives to eat meals together, and above all to send blessings on Muhammad and Aali Muhammad as many times as possible.
(6) Pray a 2 Raka"t Salaat. just before noon time , as under:
In every Raka"t, after the recitation of Soorah Al Fatih"ah, recite: (i) Soorah Al Ikhlaas 10 times.(ii) Aayaat ul Kursee 10 times. (iii) Soorah At Qadr. 10 times.(iv) After the Salaam go into Sajdah and say 100 times: ALH"AMDULILLAAH SHUKRAN LILLAAH
Then sit and recite the dua"a "Allamumma inni asaloka be anna lakal hamda wahdaka".
Then go into Sajdah and recite :ALHAMDU LILLAH 100 times & SHUKRAN LILLAH 100 times
One who does this a"mal" today is entitled to receive the reward of a person who was present at Ghadeer, had heard the declaration, and accepted it as true.
(7) At the time of meeting with the brothers-in-faith say the following:
الْحَمْدُ للهِ الّذى جَعَلَنا مِنَ الْمُتَمَسِّكينَ بِوِلايَةِ اَميرِ الْمُؤْمِنينَ وَالاَئِمَّةِ عَلَيْهِمُ السَّلامُ
Praise be to Allah, who blessed us to be among -those who cling and hold to the "Wilayaat" (love, friendship and authority) of Ameer Al Momineen and all the Imams, peace be on them all.
ALH"AMDU LILLAAHILLAD"EE JA-A"LANAA MINAL MUTAMASSIKEENA BIWILAAYATI AMEERIL MOOMINEENA WAL A-IMMATI A"LAYHIMUS SALAAM
اَلْحَمْدُ للهِ الَّذى اَكْرَمَنا بِهذَا الْيَوْمِ وَجَعَلَنا مِنَ الْمُوفنَ، بِعَهْدِهِ اِلَيْنا وَميثاقِهِ الّذى واثَقَنا بِهِ مِنْ وِلايَةِ وُلاةِ اَمْرِهِ وَالْقَوّامِ بِقِسْطِهِ، وَلَمْ يَجْعَلْنا مِنَ الْجاحِدينَ وَالْمُكَذِّبينَ بِيَوْمالدِّينَ
Praise be to Allah who honoured us with this day, and included us among those who have been given all that which was promised to them, and have been tied together with the bonds of contract to have full confidence in the authority of the guardians of the religious laws who established justice; and did not disgrace us to be among those who know better but deny the truth and treat the Day of Judgement as a false fable.
ALH"AMDU LILLAAHIL LAD"EE AKRAMNAA BIHAAD"AL YAWME JA-A"LANAA MINAL MOOFEENA BI-A"HDIHl ILAYNAA WA MEETHAAQIHIL LAD"EE ATHAQANAA BIHI MIN WILAAYATI WULAATI AMRIHI WAL QUWWAAMI BIQISTEHI WA LAM YAJ-A"LNAA MINAL JAAHEDEENA WAL MUKAD"D"IBEENA BIYAWMID DEEN
(8) Recite the following 100 times:
ALH"AMDU LILLAAHILLAD"EE JA-A"LA KAMAALA DEENIHI WA TAMAAMA NIA"-MATIHI BIWALAAYATI AMEERIL MOOMINEENA ALIYYIBNA ABEE T"AALIB A"LAYHISSALAAM
Praise be to Allah, who had perfected His religion and completed His favour with the establishment of Ali ibn Abi Talib"s authority, peace be on him.
(9) Recite special Ziyarats of Imam Ali ibne Abi Talib (i) Ziyarat Ameenallah & (ii) Ziyarat Mut"laqah.